Video not displaying? Click here to view the video on Youtube
Airush Product Development Engineer, Dave Kay Presents: How To Tune Your Bar.
These steps are applicable to any bar in the Airush range.
- The first part of this process is to run the lines out and attach them to a single connection. Tie a rope around a tree or the towbar on your car, or use your leash tied around something secure.
- Run the lines out and attach them to the tree or attachment point you’ve created. With all 4 lines straight and tangle-free, attach them to the attachment point.
- The easiest way to confirm the trim on any Airush bar is to have your cleat or strap in the fully powered up position and then pull all 4 lines tight.
- If your bar is over trimmed then you need to get under our floats and put some length back into the rear lines using the rear line leaders. To do this, you can use a multitool to grab the leader line and pull it out from under the float.
- Depending on the amount of space you had trimmed over, adjust the lines on the knots closer to the bottom one.
- Recheck the trim.
- Load up and seat those knots on the rear lines and recheck the trim. If you are about 1cm over trimmed that is fine. Your bar is good to go!
Now that you know how to tune your bar – be sure to do this after the first 10 hours of riding, then maybe every 20 hours or every couple of months after that.
Next up: Airush Lift High-Y Conversion